Carol Blackman is a newspaper reporter, author and speaker. A proud native San Franciscan, she studied communications at San Francisco State University when the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood became world famous in the late 1960s. She earned a BA in Speech Communications from SFSU and a MA from Santa Clara University in Educational Psychology.
Carol worked as a newspaper reporter for the Peninsula Times Tribune (Tribune Company) and the San Jose Mercury News (Knight Ridder) for 16 years. Currently she is a correspondent for Bay Area News Group. She also produced segments and was on-air talent for the ABC affiliate in San Francisco for “Good Morning Bay Area.” She has written five nonfiction books and is working on her sixth book, Truth and Love: Finding the Soul of the Sixties.
- Do your own thing! How this popular 60s saying became a defining belief for Americans.
- Are Baby Boomers still relevant?
- What you don’t know about the Black Panthers and how it relates to today’s headlines.
- How far have women really come since the 1960s?
- The gay rights movement then and now.
- Compassion isn’t just for softies. Peace and Love is a pathway to business success and a higher income.
- Beyond “Sex, drugs and rock & roll” : 3 valuable life lessons from the 1960s.
- Celebrate Hippie Chic. This fashion trend began in the Summer of Love.
- Cook like a Hippie. Healthy California cuisine was first created in hippie kitchens.
- How a World War II veteran raised millions of dollars for charity wearing a ball gown, make-up and a tiara.
Here are a few of the radio interviews about
Truth and Love: Finding the Soul of the Sixties:
Sharkie’s Pep Talk
Sharkie Zartman hosts a weekly show called “Sharkie’s Pep Talk” about inspiration and empowerment on HealthyLife.net.
The Michael Dresser Show
An entertaining and thought-provoking talk show for authors and experts. http://michaeldressershow.com/
John Maciel hosts “KW Magazine,” a radio show on FM 98.5, CKWR, in Ontario, Canada. He has offered conversations with interesting personalities and engaging experts since 1985.